Jez Nasse is coordinating a summer Alpine meet in the first two weeks of August this year, based at the Ailefroide campsite in the heart of the Ecrins National Park. It’s a fabulous venue, with something for everyone:
- access to major Alpine peaks including Barre des Ecrins, the highest mountain in the Ecrins National park at 4,102m
- climbing and cragging on long routes and single pitch granite, direct from the campsite
- nearby world-class limestone sports climbing
- numerous via ferrata in the Briancon valley
- road biking and mountain biking to suit all levels and tastes
- stupendous walking in a fabulous setting
Most of all, it’s a gorgeous campsite, spread over 17 hectares and perfect for families.
Jez writes to advise that they don’t take group bookings but that you can reserve your space directly with the campsite here
Get in touch with Jez directly (details in the handbook) if you are interested or want to know more information.